What is Micathermic?

By 10618 views 0 Comments
  • Print

    As the cold weather sets in, there is nothing better than relaxing in your cosy warm home and in order to achieve this, you need to right type of heater. One of the most recent entries in the heater market is mica. 

    What is a Mica heater?

    Micathermic or mica as it is better known, is a type of heater that produces a combination of convection and radiant heat. Convection heat accounts for around 80% of the heat produced and works by air convection currents circulating across the heating element of the heater. The remaining 20% of heat produced by a micathermic heater is radiant heat, which is the delivery of heat directly from the heaters surface to the people and objects in the room via infrared radiation.

    What are the benefits?

    Healthier Heating:

    Micathermic heaters do not have a fan unlike many other types of heaters. This means that less moisture is drawn out of a room and there is no re-circulation of dust particle and allergens. The non-combustible element also makes this type of heater safer to operate.

    Reduced Energy Costs:

    Micathermic heaters convert almost all energy into heat and can reach full power output in minutes resulting in its ability to bring a room to temperature faster. The large flat panel allows heat to be evenly distributed. 

    Household Friendly

    Micathermic heaters are generally lightweight and have a thin profile, making them easy to manoeuvre and store. Panel models are even ideal to mount on walls, reducing clutter and trip hazards around the home. Some models also have silent operation.

    Next time you’re looking at purchasing a new heater, micathermic could be ideal for you.


    • Micathermic HeaterMicathermic Heater
    • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

    Leave your comment

    Guest 21 February 2024

    Displayed next to your comments.

    Not displayed publicly.

    If you have a website, link to it here. (optional)