This statement summarises Kambrook’s policies regarding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information, including sensitive information, that may be collected or submitted to us through the Kambrook website of www.aperfectpantry.com.au and www.kambrook.com.au or via any other means of collection.
Your privacy is important to Kambrook
Kambrook respects and upholds the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. Kambrook is committed to ensuring the privacy of personal information provided to us. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and guided by the Australian Privacy Principles. Unless we have your direct permission to do otherwise, we will only collect and use your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Where we or our documents request personal information, we will state the purposes for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
The type of information that may be collected and stored by Kambrook or Breville Group Limited (BRG) includes:
- your name, current addresses, age group, email address, telephone/mobile phone number and fax number;
- information about your visit to the Kambrook website, which includes your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and the documents retrieved (although this information about your activity on our Kambrook website is not used to identify you personally, unless required by law);
- the type of browser used when you visit the Kambrook website, and
- personal correspondence, which includes emails.
Other information you provide is not required by us but may assist with responding to your request more effectively.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
Kambrook offers various products and services to our customers and also strives to meet the needs of our customers with after sales services and improved product performance.
To do this effectively, we need to collect certain personal information.
Depending on the product or service you have acquired, it may be necessary to keep a record of the transaction for business purposes or to enable us to respond to your concerns, or to improve our products or service.
We may hold personal information for the following primary purposes:
- Internal accounting and administration;
- To supply you with information about your account including regular statements;
- To respond to inquiries;
- Enhancing customer service, product options and to improved product performance;
- Promotions, competition entry forms, redemption vouchers and special offers where you have voluntarily supplied your personal details;
- To administer warranty claims and sales records;
- To inform you about updates or changes to the product or service you have acquired;
- To provide information about us, our products, services and special offers; and
- To analyse our website usage.
Occasionally we require organisations outside Kambrook to provide a service for purposes, which are necessary for us to conduct our business, functions and activities (for example advertising names of competition winners and delivering products). We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure these organisations both inside and outside of Australia deal with personal information according to this policy and do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the information.
The personal information we collect from you
All personal information we collect from you requires your consent, for example, opening an account, supplying a service, purchase and delivery of products, special offers and after sales services. We may from time to time use your personal information as part of improved product performance or for marketing purposes that we think will be useful to you. Our marketing communications will provide you with details of how to opt-out. Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
You have the right to anonymity, or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us, and you do not have to supply us with information, however if you choose not to provide the information and we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service, we may be unable to provide you with that requested product or service.
Our disclosure of your information
The following describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed by Kambrook or BRG:
- Advertisers: We may internally gather up data about the Kambrook website’s visitors and keep a record of usage habits. As a result, we may disclose some limited, non-specific personal information to third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, address, and telephone number are NEVER disclosed to advertisers.
- Cookies: When you visit the Kambrook website, our server may attach a small data file known as a "cookie" to your hard drive. This enables us to analyse usage patterns on the Kambrook website in order to tailor it to our users' needs. Cookies are safe and cannot be used to deliver a virus. Cookies only identify your computer to our servers when you visit the Kambrook website and are not linked to particular individuals unless required by law. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can refuse the transfer of cookies to your computer's hard drive by adjusting your internet browser.
- Kambrook or BRG may lawfully disclose your personal information for purposes other than for which it was collected (secondary purpose) in certain circumstances, including where you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information for that purpose. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you as we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe necessary or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including:
- when disclosure is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court or tribunal order;
- to lessen or prevent serious threat to your health and safety or to public health or safety;
- to take appropriate action where we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our business functions or activities has been, is being, or may be engaged in;
- to assist another entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported as missing;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim;
- for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process;
- for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
How we manage your personal information
You may have contact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other records to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access or seek correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information you have provided to us. If you require details of your personal information held by us, we will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we will process in a reasonable time. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to give access in a way that meets the needs of both Kambrook and the individual.
If we are satisfied, having regard to the purposes for which your information is held is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, or you request us to correct that information then we will promptly correct it and notify any related bodies corporate of the corrections.
When your personal information is no longer needed we will remove any personal identifiers or we will ensure the secure destruction of the records.
As far as permissible under law, Kambrook accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised access of personal information held by Kambrook.
Changes to our privacy statement
From time to time in may be necessary for us to review and revise this privacy statement. We reserve the right to change our privacy statement at any time and to notify you by publishing an updated version on the Kambrook website.
How to contact us if you have a problem or complaint